Saturday, July 20, 2013

Raining in Phoenix


We woke up this morning a little later than we thought.  With that in mind we still had to pack the car with all of our items which we forgot to pack the night before.

Item after item after item.

Car loaded, minus the cargo holder (which didn't fit on the new car) and the dogs.  Getting the dogs in is always very easy.

"Who wants a car ride?" is all it takes to have the two dogs bolt to the door, wait for someone to open it and run to the car taking a few spins around it.


Tom had asked me to do this blog in the moment, rather than a retrospective which I have done over the past few years.  So here is Day 1.  Driving.  Dogs.  Selfies.  There isn't much to show when you want to get your traveling legs on and a good chunk of roadway under your tires.


If I was going to blog every day, Tom would need to drive a bit more than he has in the past.  It was agreed and thus the picture below.  Dogs were asleep in the back seat, Tom was focused on his driving.  I had an iPhone with a camera.  Click Click.


It was a great sunset, although heading East, one misses the sunset.  The sun was playing with the clouds ahead of us and I kept looking backwards to see what I could.  I was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't watch it, but I figured that there will be plenty more on the return.


As I was looking back and forth, the sky was getting darker ahead of us.  As day turned into night we were closing in to Phoenix and there was a brilliant lightning storm ahead.  It just kept on flashing here, there, here again, behind a mountain, right ahead of us.

This storm continued for the next few hours as we kept on getting closer to our destination.  Just inside the city limits, the rain and wind came.  The first rain of our trip.  I knew it was coming, I just didn't think it would be in Arizona.

We arrived at our hotel for the night.  Too hot for camping.  Dogs are fed.  We are not.  Time for a snack and bed.  Until tomorrow...

BTW, folks.  Would love for comments on this page as we go along.  Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment