Tom is at
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Here I go, again. I'm so used to my iphone. Double space and it's a period and auto correct. Hyphens, spell check, grammar? February 19, two days of Vaginas. What dfo I wan6 to do with this blog?
I said in the beginning that this was about dogs.
The first, Amos!
I said in the beginning that this was about dogs.
The first, Amos!
This is him in 2003. That was our fisrt trip across the country. We drove a Driv-A-way vehicle. Had to get to South LA by a certain date.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
- The Red Sox World Series 2004 win was, and will always be, one of the greatest moments in your life.
- The guy driving in front of you is going 70 mph and you're swearing at him for going too slow.
- When ordering a tonic, you mean a Coke.
- You went to Canobie Lake Park, Paragon Park, or Water Country as a kid
- You actually enjoy driving around rotaries.
- You do not recognize the letter "R" as a part of the English language.
- Your social security number starts with a 0
- You can actually find your way around Boston .
- You know what a "regular" coffee is.
- You keep an ice scraper in your car year-round.
- You can tell the difference between a Revere accent and a Dorchester accent.
- Springfield is located "way out west."
- You almost feel disappointed if someone doesn't flip you the bird when you cut them off or steal their parking space.
- You know how to pronounce the names of towns like Worcester, Billerica, Gloucester, and Haverhill.
- Anyone you don't know is a potential idiot until proven otherwise.
- Paranoia sets in if you can't see a Dunkin Donuts or CVS within eyeshot at all times.
- You have driven to New Hampshire on a Sunday just to buy alcohol.
- You know how to pronounce Yastrzemski.
- You know there's a trophy at the end of the Bean Pot.
- You order iced coffee in January
- You know that the Purple Line will take you anywhere
- You love scorpion bowls.
- You know what they sell at a Packie.
- Sorry Manny, but number 24 means DEWEY EVANS.
- You know what First Night is.
- You know at least one guy named Sean, Pat, Whitey, Red, Bud or Seamus.
- McLobster? McCrap!
- You know at least 2 cops in your town because they were your high school drinking buddies.
- Sure there are 6 New England states, but Connecticut really doesn't count.
- You intentionally give wrong directions to tourists, feel bad when they drive off, but then say to yourself, "Ah, screw them."
- You know at least one bar where you can get something to drink after last call.
- You're sick of the Kennedy's, but you vote for them anyway.
- You know holding onto the railing when riding the Green Line is not optional!
- The numbers '78 and '86 make you cringe.
- You've been to Goodtimes before
- You think the rest of the country owes you for Thanksgiving and Independence Day. (...and they DO).
- You have never been to "Cheers."
- The words 'WICKED' and 'GOOD' go together.
- You've been to Fenway Pahk several times.
- You've gone to at least one party at U Mass.
- You own a "Yankees Suck" shirt or hat.
- You know what a Frappe is.
- You've been to Hempfest.
- You know who Frank Averuch is.
- ADVANCED: You know Frank Averuch was once Bozo the Clown
- You can complete the following: "Lynn, Lynn ..."
- You get pissed off when a restaurant serves clam chowder, and it turns out to be friggin' Snows.
- You actually know how to merge from six lanes of traffic down to one.
- The TV weatherman is damn good if he's right 25% of the time.
- You never go to "Cape Cod," you go "down the Cape ".
- You think that Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon are more evil than Whitey Bulger.
- You know who Whitey Bulger is.
- You went to the Swan Boats, House of Seven Gables, or Plymouth Plantation on a field trip in elementary school.
- Bobby Orr is loved as much as Larry Bird, Tom Brady, and Ted Williams.
- You remember Major Mudd.
- You know what candlepin bowling is.
- You can drive to the mountains and the ocean all in one day
- You know Scollay Square once stood where Government Center is.
- When you were a kid, Rex Trailer was the coolest guy around. Speaking of which...
- You can still hum the song from the end of Boom Town
- Calling Olive Garden's an "Italian" restaurant is sacrilege
- You still have your old Flexible Flyer somewhere in your parents' attic.
- You know that the Mass Pike is some sort of strange weather dividing line.
- The only time you've been on the Freedom Trail is when relatives are in town.
- The Big Dig tunnel disaster wasn't really that much of a surprise.
- You call guys you've just met "Chief" or"Boss."
- 4:15pm and pitch black out means there's just 3 more shopping days until Christmas
- You know more than one person with the last name Murphy
- You refer to Savin Hill as "Stab 'n Kill."
- You've never eaten at Durgin Park, but recommend it to tourists.
- You can't look at the zip code 02134 without singing it.
- You voted for a Republican Mormon as Governor just to screw with the rest of the country.
- 11pm? Drunk? It means one thing: Kowloon!
- 2am? Drunk? It means one thing: Kelly's Roast Beef!
- 5am? Drunk? It means one thing: You wish you had a blanket in your back seat
- You know that P-Town isn't the name of a new rap group.
- People you don't like are all "Bastids."
- You took school or work off for the Patriots first Super Bowl Win Parade
- You've called something "wicked pissa."
- You'll always get razzed for Dukakis.
- Saturday afternoons meant Creature Double Feature with Dale Dorman
- Sunday mornings meant the Three Stooges on Channel 38
- You've slammed on your brakes to deter a tailgater
- No, you don't trust the Gorton's Fisherman.
- You know that Papa Gino's usually has a jukebox
- You think Aerosmith is the greatest rock band of all time.
- Your town has at least 6 sub shops, and none of them are a Subway.
- You know at least three Tony's, one Vinnie and a Frankie.
- 20 degrees isn't that bad as long as there's no wind.
- You were very sad when saying goodbye to the Boston Garden
- Thanksgiving means family, turkey, High School football, and the long version of Alice 's Restaurant.
- You know the guy who founded the Boston Pops was Athah Feedlah.
- You know what the Combat Zone is (was)
- You drive 45 minutes to New Hampshire to save $5 in sales tax
- You've pulled out of a side street and used your car to block oncoming traffic so you can make a left.
- You've bragged about the money you've saved at The Christmas Tree Shop
- You've been to Hampton Beach on a Saturday night
- Playing street hockey was a daily after school ritual.
- Hearing an old lady shout "Numbah 96 for Sioux City!" means it's time for steak
- You remember Jordan Marsh, Grants, Bradlees, Caldor, Zayres, or Ann and Hope